Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Influenster: VEET Wax Strips Review

Hello everyone!
Hope everyone is doing great!
Like I said in my last post, I received a Vox Box from Influenster to review.

Info:
VEET Ready to Use Wax Strips, Leg & Body  
This summer, keep your skin smooth for longer with VEET® Ready-to-Use Wax Strips for Legs & Body. The strips are specially formulated to remove hair on legs, underarms and bikini area from closer to the root than shaving for smoothness that lasts up to 4 weeks.   
Where to Buy:  You can find VEET Ready to Use Wax Strips at Walgreens, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart!  Suggest retail price of the Wax Strips:  $9.99

Before I tried this product, this was my hair removal routine: First, I would run the shower as hot as I could stand(To which which my husband would tell you that I love to take "Lava Baths") to open my pores, then I would proceed to exfoliate my skin, then I would apply a generous layer of moisturizing shaving cream and lastly proceed to shave. Even with all of this, I would always end up with razor burn somewhere. But when I tried these waxing strips, it was like a gift from God! No more razor burn! It was easy to use, mind you I'm use to waxing, I use to waxing gel before, but it was hard to find a way to heat up the gel, that's why I went back to shaving. With this you just rub the strips between your hands and the warmth of your hands. they are also re-usable, if you missed a spot, just place the same strip on the spot, make sure to rub the back of the non stick spot, to reheat the wax and remove. I must mention this though, when I was through, my husband came home and notice a bruise on my arm and asked me what happened. I said I didn't know and then he saw more on my legs, then I came to the conclusion that the strips were the culprit, so I did a little research and sure enough, I was the only one having this problem. Other girls were discovering bruises after using this product. They didn't hurt, they were just a bit awkward to explain. So if you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend them and tell you to use at your own risk. I will continue to purchase these, I love them. And let's move to the price, These retail 10$, but I will also point out that there is 40 strips in the package and I will like to mention, that it took me 4 Strips to wax my entire body. You do the math, but if you don't want to, 40 strips / 4 strip per month = 10 month supply, I love math :D
If you have received this box or have this product, let me know what you think.
Hope you have a great week and until my next post, Take Care!

http://www.veet.us/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment