Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First Impression- Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Okay, well I'm not going to lie, this is a big disappointment for me, I was very excited to try this new fragrance by Estee Lauder, since I loved Sensuous Nude, the recent fragrance I tried from their company. But the moment this scent made it's way up my nostrils, I was ready to puke, which is a first for me. I swore if you would have blind folded me and told me this was an Estee Lauder perfume, I would have not believed you. If you any of have ever had washed your hands with "Dial" soap and then smelled your hands right after, but that is what first came to mind when I took the first whiff, after carefully smelling it a few more times without gagging, I noticed a sort of herbal hint of smell, but it is so overpowered by the "Dial" smell that you probably will not get to pick it up.


Top notes for this perfume are: Rose, Mandarin, Lily, Tuberose, Marigold
Middle notes are: Orange flower, Muguet, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang
Base note are: Sandalwood, Vetiver

Maybe I have a bad batch, because I will not even consider letting my husband smell this on me, this would scar him for life! It did remind of a kind of incense that I can't stand, Champa. I remember going to a incenses store with my husband once, my curiosity always got the best of me in those types of store, I just can't help to try everything, but when I pick up the champa to try, I didn't even have to put under my nose, I could already smell the horrendous "Dial" soap smell.

The bottle looks very elegant and classy but simple, so it would look great on any vanity or bathroom counter, but if you don't like what it smells like, then it could be a very expensive paper weight. You can find a bottle of this for 30$ for a .5 oz at Macy's and Macy's.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment